Tuesday 10 March 2009

If Brian Blessed can do it....

I was once told by a leading health guru (well I actually read it in his book) that it is true that you can lose weight and have a drink or two at the weekends. Apparently there are three golden rules: 1. NO Wine or Beer. 2. Avoid sugary mixers and 3. Always drink alcohol that is clear! In my mind that means I could go to my friend’s house warming party on Saturday night and join in the jollification with vodka shots, I could even experiment with the flavoured type perhaps? The party got into full swing, there was even a Wii Sports challenge that became a sad excuse for immature drinking games. So whilst my fellow party goers chatted about their house being on the market for 3 years or the manager that had been sacked for eating at his desk, they all sipped at their yellow Chablis and as I gulped down more of my clear liquid I became the Tazmanian Devil and spent the latter part of my evening lying on an un-familiar bathroom floor counting down the hours until my Sunday morning ‘spinning’ class! Obviously I didn’t go and now think this so called ‘Guru’ is nothing but a liar and a fake. It’s true you can’t loose weight and drink at the same time, sorry Jo I take it all back! xx

I have just read an article in a newspapers travel supplement it followed our rather flamboyant ‘national treasure chest’ Brian Blessed as he was hauled up the heights of Mount Kinabalu! Temporarily my concern’s about drinking; altitude sickness and chaffing have all but faded away. Wow, now I know what all those pockets in wax jackets are for…god Bless you Brian!!

2 comments:

  1. apparently you have to pig out when you are climbing: nuts, sweets and lots of chocolate. My kind of excercise! Good luck - are you aiming for a record?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I am... I have a new jacket that has about 15 pockets in it, so I aim to fill it with as much food as possible!

    ReplyDelete