Tuesday 5 May 2009

Only 4 days left to go!

Me and B at the Devils Coldron Perthshire Scotland

Feels like an age since I last signed in, and oh wow there are only 4 days left to go!! Scotland was amazing and I had some wonderful walking opportunities combined with some culinary opportunities too! I had imagined that this would be a de-tox week with walking and cycling top of the agenda, however walking and fresh air increases your appetite and thirst 100% and i've always been a sucker for trying new things (i'll be the same in Borneo i'm sure) although they probably won't serve up Wild Venison with a Sweet Red Berry Compote washed down with a taster of a fine local Single Malt!! Anyway... I realised that my walking boots are very comfortable and that I really am very excited by the whole prospect, I have also realised how wonderful my wife and children are for supporting me lately and allowing me to fullfill a life long ambition...I'm mentally prepared now and to me thats all that counts. I have some photos to post from my families Scottish adventure which i will try and post before i leave, they will act as the first half of my 'before and after' shots!! I've lost over one and a half stone now and hope that by the time I return i will have lost at least another half?

One more spinning class left between me and bruised buttocks!!

2 comments:

  1. Go Shad go!

    I think it's fantastic that you're doing this. I really hope you enjoy it despite the obvious tough times ahead and loose the weight you want!

    Must catch up and see your photos, you guys meet Tabitha when you're back...

    Ben has sponsored on our behalf... well he told me he has let me know if not!!
    Love Kellie and the Ahl Clan xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for losing that much weight so far! Im sure you will be ready for this wonderful experience and I look forward to seeing your photos and comments

    ReplyDelete