Tuesday 19 May 2009

We did it!




Well we all made it back in one piece, there were some ups and downs for some of us (including myself) but it was an amazing experience for all who took part! Unfortunately due to the remoteness of the majority of our locations and the basic or lack of internet access at any hotels we stayed in, I was unable to keep the blog updated as I had hoped, however read on as I will try and interpret some of my journal that I kept along the way, if anyone out there would like to do this challenge...read of to find out more!




Day One (Saturday 9th May 2009)

After a journey that lasted some 28 hours from London Heathrow via an 8 hour stop over in Brunei (where we had the opportunity for a 2 hour whistle stop tour of some of Brunei's highlights) Royal Brunei Airlines was an experience in itself, particularly for me as a nervous flyer (a dry airline!! need I say more?).

We arrived at our final destination (but first of many through Borneo), Kota Kinabalu the state capital of Sabah, Malaysian, Borneo. We had our briefing and generally got to know each other afterall we would be spending the next 10 days relying on each other. I have to say there was a real mix of ages in our group but I am proud to say we all got on brilliantly...

No comments:

Post a Comment